The reason behind Bonus Save name is that in addition to the interest you earn over the period of your savings, you could also qualify for a bonus of 0.50% interest at the end of the investment term provided all conditions are met. There are different terms available for Bonus Save and each has its own interest rate, for example, you could choose to save for a period of 24 months and earn 3.20% interest, or you could save for a period of 60 months and earn 4.50% interest. There are many variables and options to suit you, please look at our Bonus Save Interest Rates to determine which is right for you. You will need to do monthly deposits into your Bonus Save account and these are done via stop order from your Postbank Card Account. Interest is also credited to your card account.
• Bonus Save is ideal for groups or individuals who are serious about saving.
• Save on a regular basis with set deposits put into the account each month.
• You only need a minimum R25 initial investment to get a Bonus Save account.
• Whatever amount you begin with will be the fixed monthly savings amount for the rest of the term.
• Choose how long you want to save for – from 12 to 60 months.
• You could qualify for a bonus 0.50% interest at the end of investment term provided all conditions are met.
• Bonus Save is linked to your relevant card account and the full amount that you saved as well as the interest is credited to your card account at the end of the term.
MAKE IT WORK FOR YOU:
Potentially you can earn up to 5.00% interest on your Bonus Save account – that’s if you opt for a longer term of between 49 and 60 months at 4.90% interest and if you complete the term and receive your bonus 0.50% interest.
If however you terminate early, not only will you lose your bonus interest but a penalty also applies. So go for Bonus Save if you want to earn good interest and are sure you can commit to a longer term savings plan with regular, fixed monthly deposits.
NB: Always make sure you have enough funds in your card account to cover the monthly stop orders.